Wednesday, May 31, 2017

On to the next project

I'm aiming to give several people quilts this Christmas.  Wonderful Husband found a design he thinks will work well for a particular person, and it's one I'd be interested in sewing.  But I'm making him pick the colors/fabric, preferably from my stash.

So while he's dithering on that, I've pulled out a set of sixteen muted-color four-patch blocks I got at Costume College last year, and laying them out on the bed.  Four of one fabric surrounded by the twelve of the other fabric makes sixteen, so if I do one more round and some sashing, I'll need to make another twenty blocks, but that will bring it to a good size.  I've been auditioning various fabrics from the stash.  I have one piece that will work well - but I've only enough of it for another twelve blocks.  Maybe if I do the four corners in a different fabric?

I think I just need to pick one and start pressing.

Also, I need to bite the bullet and submit my wallhanging and maybe a bed quilt to the Orange County Fair.  Maybe the crane quilt?  The deadline is tomorrow at 6pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment