Monday, May 28, 2018

Busy Weekend

Biting the bullet and accepting that it's time to move means starting to do all the little things to the house that will shiny it up to entice buyers.  Like painting the exterior where the water heater tank hut used to be.  And accepting that even taking a sample in still doesn't mean a perfect paint match, alas.  Still, it's a lot better than the gaping unpainted patch it was.

Also out in the side yard, I pulled the dying blueberry bush from the garden bed and replaced it with a healthy one of the same variety.  And planted more leek and bean seeds to help remedy the patchy germination where cats decided to sprawl, roll about, and god knows what else shortly after the initial planting.  I've also dug amendments into about half the herb/fountain bed, the rest to be done tomorrow.

I completed the Christmas Landing wallhanging and plan to enter it in the Orange Grove quilt show this year:


I also completed my block for the President's Quilt for Orange Grove:


And I went through my stash of mostly vintage quilt tops and pulled out one that will be relatively easy to quilt - sashed nine-patches, with just one tiny repair to do on the border.  I pieced together a backing and wrote out the label... and just need to sew it on and get it basted.  But today I kind of lost my mojo and had to push through things to get stuff done.  No sewing..

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Christmas Langing Wallhanging xx Kate

    ReplyDelete