Thursday, May 31, 2018

Sick Children and Sewing On.

One and a half sick little boys.  What fun!  Particularly since Jazzy, who is still nonverbal, is much the sicker of the two.  A regular little snot factory at the moment.  Nonetheless I hied all three of us out into the garden this afternoon to do some cleanup work and let them rob the blueberry bushes.  Squiddle, at least, can be told to only pick the blue ones.  Jazzy as yet has no such discernment.  On the other hand, Jazzy will happily eat tomatoes, while Squiddle still just makes a face and spits them out....

I got the vintage orange-sashed nine-patch basted today and around one-fifth of its blocks quilted.  I only have maybe one quilt's worth of batting left on the roll.  Plus a king-sized packaged batt I bought years ago.  Plus some scraps I could maybe Frankenbatt together into a wallhanging (as I did for Christmas Landing).  I might be batting-free when we move, which would be well-timed.

Today I also typed up the minutes for my guild secretary job and sent them out to the other board members to beta-check before Tuesday's meeting.  I'm not looking forward to telling them that I may be moving out of the area mid-term. :(  But I did bite down and enter Nancy's Quilt in the Orange County Fair.  Given the reactions to it from both my guilds, I have a good feeling about its chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment