Sunday, May 6, 2018

Sewing By Hand

I finished sewing the binding down on Nancy's Quilt yesterday.  It only took two days!  Fortunately I remembered to do some stretches, so my right arm isn't killing me today, though there are a few faint twinges.  I also trimmed up the dishtowels the embroideries came from, and did quick hems on the cut off side so I can hand them back to my aunt.  And I ironed one of the cut-off bits onto freezer paper, so I can write the label today.  Then attach that by hand!  But then it's done, goes into the washer and dryer, and gets delivered.  Good thing, too, as Mother's Day is a week from today!

Other items on my quilty to-do list: sew up Block of the Month samples, take pictures, import them into the directions sheet I just finished writing, print those up.  Cut out and sew up at least eight giant Flying Geese for that exchange.  And get everything prepped for the workshop I'm taking on Thursday.

Items on my non-quilty to-do list: fifty pages of editing for Wednesday night writing class, and coming up with salty/heathy snack items for said class.

Friday, I can collapse.

No comments:

Post a Comment