Friday, May 18, 2018

Finally Friday

The reorganization of the sewing nook has taken it out of me.  However, it's now mostly done... just the one heap of stuff lined up along the back of the sofa that needs to be sorted through and dealt with.

That said, how is it that I keep getting rid of huge heaps of stuff and it never makes my remaining stuff take up any less room????

Grar.  Whatever.  In celebration, I finally took 3" off the too-long Lilo and Stitch pyjama bottoms I'd made Wonderful Husband for Christmas.  And yesterday I got some stitching time in and got these two sets of blocks finished:




The first set is a Rail Fence variation for Block Lotto. I already had my box of 2.5" squares by the machine for a scrappy Double Irish Chain I'm slowly working on, so why not?  The white strips are from the leftover scraps of the dishtowels that had the embroideries for Nancy's Quilt.

The second set, the blue Friendship Stars, are for the Orange Grove Quilters Guild block of the month for next month.  The blue came from this set of scraps that I snagged from the Orange County Quilters Guild freebies table:


(And, no, this is not the reason why the sewing nook refuses to compact.  Most months I don't get anything. My theory is that rearranging everything makes it fluffier.)

I've pulled out the next time-sensitive project, a block for the President's Quilt for OGQG, which will also come from the above set of freebie scraps, but it's that time of month so we'll see if I can get any sewing in today or not....

No comments:

Post a Comment