Thursday, May 24, 2018

Results; Efforts

Chalk pounce: dismal failure.  I'm willing to try it again on something that's not a string-pieced border and see if it works better there, but for this project... yeah.  Nope.  Nonetheless, I got the Christmas Landing all quilted, and I pulled bits of fabric from my Christmas scraps bin and made a scrappy red binding, which is maybe a quarter sewn down to the backside now.

The boys have been so admiring of the volunteer pumpkin plant at Nana's house (one of the pumpkins is already the size of a basketball) that I told them if I could get the big bed cleared in the kitchen garden, I'd put some pumpkins in it.  I got it three-quarters cleared yesterday. I also finally got some straw mulch put onto one of the unmulched beds.

Today, since we have a realtor coming to give us advice tomorrow, I'm trying to tidy up the house a little.  It's an uphill battle all the way, but I've got at least the master bed and bath looking decent.  The boys' room is okay.  Now I just have the rest of the disaster areas to consider.

And, of course, there's the little voice in the back of my head pointing out that if we're going to move, I'm not going to be here to enjoy the garden, so why am I trying to put effort into it.  I shut up that voice by pointing out that I don't know when the move will occur, and a healthy, flourishing garden will look better as far as selling than a dead, weedy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment