Saturday, January 9, 2021

Bit by Bit

Word count: 416.  Leaving off in the middle of a scene because it's meaty, conflict-filled, and I need to ruminate a few more hours on what bombshells are getting dropped in the middle of it.

I took the boys over to my parents' for a few hours today so they could play with Niecelet, who my parents care for a couple days a week, as my sister does several days of back-to-back 12-hour shifts.  It all went mostly well, until it was time for us to leave and Niecelet threw a small fit because she wanted to go home too.

I also finished the bulk of the quilting on the rainbow mermaid quilt.  I was failing at figuring out what to do for the center section, with the mermaid panel, until Wonderful Husband suggested quilting waves - literally just wavy lines - into it to simulate water currents.  Brilliant man!  So next is trimming it, making the binding, sewing on the binding, and then finishing quilting that outermost white border.

No comments:

Post a Comment