Monday, January 25, 2021

New Project!

Today's writing word count: 533.

Today was a getting stuff done day!  (Even I have those once in a while.)

I cooked, I cleaned, I finally got the baby quilts mailed off to my cousin and my friend.  And I also got started on my next sewing project.

Bonnie Hunter's Garden Party!  It's found in her Addicted To Scraps book.


I had apparently started working on the blocks while we were living in the apartment, because I found fifteen finished ones, and pieces cut for another five, which I stitched up over the weekend.  Today I pulled out the appropriate size strip bin, and cut and sewed another ten blocks, bringing my current total to 30:

Since these blocks finish at 5", it takes rather a lot of them to make a quilt!  (The pattern calls for 100... but I kind of want to enlarge it slightly? 121 if I do.)  I've got my next ten blocks cut and stacked, ready to stitch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment