Saturday, January 2, 2021

WIPs

Today's word count: 605.

When I got up this morning, during the quiet hour and a half before anyone else rose, I worked more on quilting the wallhanging.

I was having some bobbin tension issues, so eventually I tried to tighten the bobbin case screw, only to find that the (gun) screwdriver kit I have for sewing machine maintenance did not have anything tiny enough for the bobbin screw!  So I rummaged through Wonderful Husband's office, since I knew there's a glasses repair kit in there somewhere.  However, as he's been doing a massive clean and tidy in there this week, I couldn't find it.  But I did find a box cutter, which I made work.


I got all four of the fancy feather wreaths with corner swirlies done, and straight-line quilting in the borders.  Ran out the first thread spool of the year, and changed to a new needle at the same time, since I could hear that the one on the machine was dulling.

And I got the wallhanging trimmed, and the binding sewn on.  I must say, my usual method of machine-stitching the binding on both sides goes faster, but I suppose I wanted a finer finish on this?  In any case, I only stitched one length of thread down because it occurred to me that it might be a good project to do while sitting in Squiddle's room and silently keeping him on target for schoolwork this week.


And I got two more blocks for the Vintage Valentine done.  Since there was a bit of red binding left over from the wallhanging, I tossed it into the mix.  I think it works well on that upper block.

Next, I reset my machine and start in on the baby quilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment