Saturday, January 9, 2021

Writing, History (Horrible), and a Bit of Quilting

Word count: 531.

It's been... an eventful few days, historically.  Which have left me too stressed to write.  Let me just say that (a) I am thankful Trump's reign will be over soon, (b) I am thankful that social media platforms have finally gotten off their lazy asses and stopped promulgating his hatefulness because it's become socially too expensive for them, and (c) I hope he gets impeached again and barred from holding future public office.  He is not fit for it.

ETA: I forgot to mention the actual tears of relief/joy I cried when I learned that Georgia's races both went to the Democrats.  A nice parallel to that night I spent crying when Trump won in 2016.  Stacey Abrams and her people are amazing and incredible.

Beyond that, on the quilting front I got all the straight-line stitching done on the rainbow mermaid quilt, as well as the free-motion quilting on the red, orange, and yellow rows.  I'm a quarter of the way through the green, but stopped for the night since I don't like to be running the sewing machine while the boys are trying to sleep.  I'm still debating what to do with the center purple mermaid panel.  Outline some of the motifs?  Do clamshells?

And, there.  I have just submitted my first set of pages to my writing class in... well, ages.  Since before we moved, certainly!  See, this writing resolution is a good thing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment