Wednesday, January 13, 2021

If it falls in the night, does it make a sound?

Word count: 501.

We got caught up in the atmospheric river hitting Washington and Oregon last night.  Wonderful Husband and I were up late enough that we caught it when the power went out.  I thought it was a large truck rumbling past the front of our house, but then realized the various plugged in things were not throwing off their usual miniscule lights, and Wonderful Husband said it was probably our local transformer going.  Which makes me wonder where it's located, that we could hear that.  We only lost power for about two and a half hours, though, which is much better than my parents and sister experienced, over on the other side of the Sound.

There's small branches strewn all over the lawns today, but no major damage except for this:


A copse of trees between us and the neighbors came down on our side.  I texted them about it, and I think they're in agreement that we need to take the trees out.  (We certainly weren't going to do it without asking them, but it's good that we're in agreement.)

Got all my homework done, and got through writing class relatively unscathed.  Other than some of my classmates' confusion at who some of the characters were (which is fair, it's been two years, and my summary was not all-comprehensive), I ended up with only two minor edits to my five pages.

The rainbow mermaid quilt got washed and dried, and I'm about three-quarters done with stitching the hanging sleeves and label onto the back of the Christmas stars wallhanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment