Saturday, January 23, 2021

I return, bearing pics

Don't mind me while I just vanish for a week or so due to various stressors.  I thought I would be able to just close my CNN tab after the Inauguration, you know?  But nooo....

In any case, I asked Wonderful Husband to hold up a couple project finishes!

First off is the black and white baby quilt:


I still haven't posted it, as I wasn't able to get to the post office before it closed today.  Maybe Monday!  I bound it in the same circles-of-stars fabric that's most of the back:


And then also, of course, there's the Christmas Stars wallhanging:


Which is also bound in its backing fabric:

(And, yes, I also used the backing fabric for the hanging sleeve.  Camouflage!)

So, three finishes in three weeks.  A pace I am not likely to keep up, but it feels good to have a couple long-term UFOs done.

Speaking of which, guess what else I've been working on?

I've finally got all seventeen 4" trees done.  Plus two more, because when I showed them this morning what I was working on, Jazzy wanted me to make him an "orange Christmas tree" and Squiddle wanted me to make him a red one.  Mummy obliged, and their blocks are currently pinned to their bedroom walls.  The empty space at the top is going to be filled with a star.  Guess my next step is combing through my yellow fabrics again, and figuring out which star cookie cutter is the best size to use as an applique template.

7 comments:

  1. Great finishes. I love the dark setting triangles in the first quilt. Your tree quilt is looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dark on-point setting triangles. Both great finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on these great finishes! I don't do much applique but that cookie cutter hack sounds genius! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the combination of yellow/cream/black in your baby quilt. Great finish. That tree quilt is very nice. Love the movement in the large tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you go!!! That churn dash - oh la la - I love it!!! what pretty colors!!!

    ReplyDelete