Thursday, January 14, 2021

Rainbow Mermaid Baby Quilt Reveal

Word count: 819.  I needed to research pre-Industrial Revolution yellow paints, then didn't even end up using a paint name in the scene!  I'll eventually have to have a more painter-ly friend look it over and tell me if the scene is plausible or not.

I finished the Christmas Stars wallhanging today, and tossed it through the washer/drier.  I also found out the name of my CA guildmate's baby, and wrote out and attached the label for his quilt, as well as finding my spools of yellow thread for that project.

And!

I took pictures of the Rainbow Mermaid Baby Quilt prior to folding and rolling it up and tucking it in a box.  (Still need to get a card to go with it, but that's what Dollar Tree is for.)


Front!  I like how the rainbow stripe binding works on this piece.  Though in hindsight, perhaps I should have had that last white border the same depth as the others, or quilted it more intensely.


And the back.  I've had that pink British monuments toile in my stash forever.  (And still have like half a yard left).  But I figured since there was no pink on the front, but there was pink in the binding, and it's for a girl, I could get away with a pink back.  Here's to hoping my cousin likes it!

3 comments:

  1. I love this quilt! It's amazing how bright colors and a fun binding can elevate a simple pattern into a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky little baby!! What a fun quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet quilt!! I am sure she will love it - it is just so colorful and happy, and your binding was a great choice!!!

    ReplyDelete