Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Disney Star Quilt

So!  Jazzy rode the bus to and from school for the first time yesterday!  And as far as I could tell, from helping him get on the bus in the morning and off in the late morning, he enjoyed it. Hooray!

With the extra hour of time this gave me, I finally started in on editing Queen's Choice, which is the first novel I wrote, many moons ago.  Ten pages rewritten and smoothed out!  I also did another load of laundry because of another damp bed, got caught up on my stack of things-that-need-to-be-glued-back-together, made a sewing date for next week, cleaned up the workroom, and pulled out the next quilting project to check off the list.


This was intended to be Niecelet's Christmas or birthday present.  Well, both of those dates have now passed!  But the four strips were rolled up and at hand, so I might as well get on with it.

I found all of these fabrics at St. Vincent de Paul last year, as well as 4.25 yards of a Disney Villains fabric to be the backing.  I knew I needed to make something for Niecelet out of them.  I decided to use the Giant Vintage Star pattern. Even though it's relatively fast and easy, I'm not sure I'll be returning to it.  The seams are long and flip too easily, and mismeasurement (when you don't have a long enough ruler, which I do not) is all too easy.  My other niggling complaint about this quilt is that I have decided I don't actually like the Premium Muslin from JoAnn's that I used here.  It's a very smooth hand, yes, but it just doesn't feel right next to the quilting cottons.  *shrug* I have more, so I'll use it up.

Anyhow, I got that quilt top sewn together and pressed, and found the backing fabric in the garage in box #4 that I tried (because, really, why would I ever put it into the box of backings?  That would make sense, Past Me).  And I got the backing sewn together.  Next, to use a bit of floor space and get it all basted together.

No comments:

Post a Comment