Wednesday, January 15, 2020

The Quilt Guild Meeting That Wasn't

Last night I went to the West Sound Quilters guild meeting.  Or at least I tried to!  It's now at a new location, so I left a little early, padding on time for figuring out parking and what door to go in, etcetera.  Which unfortunately was useless, because when I got there, the facility staff informed me and about four other cars of quilters that the meeting was cancelled and they were about to close up for the night.  When I got home, I checked my e-mail (as did a couple of the other ladies in the parking lot, finding nothing).  The notification e-mail was buried in my Promotions folder, and didn't include the name of the guild or anything.  Le sigh.

On the other hand, we had a bit of snow yesterday!  Half an inch at most, and it's now all melting away and won't be back for at least a week.  Still, a bit of a nice treat.  Here's my apple trees:


And here's one of the finished miniature quilts I was going to show off at guild last night:


Very simple quilting, and the black I used for the binding is the same as in the triangles.  I have now used up every scrap of that remnant save for a long skinny bit I've tossed in my bag for eventual string piecing.  It's 12" by 13.5".  The label calls it Scraps II (Scraps I to be shown tomorrow) and both are made up of scraps from the November meeting of Quilters By The Bay, which was a string piecing workshop.  Their meeting is next week, and I hope that one won't be cancelled too, as I'd like to join as a member!  (And show off these minis.)

No comments:

Post a Comment