Tuesday, January 14, 2020

The Embroidery of Night With Moon

Jazzy up at 5:15 this morning, which is at least improving in the right direction.  And it snowed a bit yesterday!  Just enough to speckle our roof, but from turning on the porch light just now and looking out the window, it looks like a little more fell overnight.  Time for extra careful driving!  I have errands to run after I take Jazzy to school, and quilt guild tonight.  For which I am trying to finish up the second of two mini quilts for show'n'tell.

But for blog show'n'tell, here's the project I mentioned yesterday, in which I ran out of brown with like one inch of straight stitching left: Bucilla 40743, Celestial Picture/Pillow!


This was another thrift store find, for $2 at 90% complete.  Which is frankly an insult to the amount of work someone put into this!  I still had a fair amount of topstitching to add to it, as well as that little moon on the bottom left, but there's a reason I put the "Unknown" stitcher before myself when I signed and dated it.  Next steps are to soak it with some mild detergent to get the oil of fingers off, then take it to be mounted, matted, and framed.  I'm thinking it might go in one of the boys' bedrooms?  I need to start putting art up on our walls.   We never had much up at Greenwood, but this is a much bigger house, and I feel the need to display tasteful geekery.

No comments:

Post a Comment