Saturday, January 25, 2020

Kitting Up and Thrift Store Haul

I've decided to biggify the Tiny Tree block into a proper wallhanging, so a some of yesterday was spend picking out and cutting up green and brown fabrics from my bin of 1.5" strips.  And this morning I started cutting up the background fabric I'll also need for the seventeen Evergreen blocks.  Wonderful Husband successfully argued that the top center block should be a star, so I'll need to figure that out.  But, basically, I have a sewing date planned with Kathy from the West Sound Quilt Guild this Friday, so I'm kitting this up to take with.

Which means that I should probably reconfigure my machine setup and get to work quilting the Disney Star quilt between now and then.  Sigh.

Whilst I was running to Joann's up in Port Orchard earlier this week, I also popped into St. Vincent de Paul, since it's about a quarter mile away.  (So is Goodwill, but in another direction.)  And St. Vinnie's isn't usually a great place to score quilting stuff, but every once in a while a quilter or their family clearly donates a lot.  And since the price for fabric is a dollar a yard, I ended up with this lot:


The fourth fabric down I want to use as background for a Valentine's day wallhanging, and the fifth fabric will be backing for this tree wallhanging.  (The sixth fabric, I actually cut and used a little bit in the Tiny Tree block itself.)

I also got four books and two magazines:



No comments:

Post a Comment