Sunday, January 12, 2020

Pitch Black and Raining

Ugh. Up at 4:45 with Jazzy this morning!  After getting up twice during the night because Squiddle has got whatever bug Wonderful Husband also developed yesterday.  Poor kid hasn't thrown up since he was an infant, so it was an unpleasant night for him.  Plus he'd had some black grapes as part of his dinner, so his vomit was dark pink, and I had to try and scrub it out of the gray carpet with some 409 and paper towels.  His bedding got tossed in the wash, and I'm hoping we did so promptly enough that the stains will come out.

On a slightly more pleasant note, I've finished two books so far this year!  The first was Tricks For Free, by Seanan McGuire, because somehow I'd read number nine of the InCryptid series before this one, which was number eight.  Now I've got some of the backstory that I was missing filled in.  Though Antimony is not my favorite member of the Price family to read; too much of a chip on her shoulder.  The other book (okay, manga, but it's just so beautiful!) I've finished was A Bride's Story, volume 11, by Kaoru Mori.  I wasn't really expecting to learn about colloidal photography, but it was an interesting diversion.  Overall, though, the story was kind of slow, so I'm looking forward to the next one.  Which just came out in Japan a month ago, so I guess I'll be waiting a while for the English version to arrive....

No comments:

Post a Comment