Friday, March 13, 2020

Extra Long Spring Vacay, Imminent

Due to coronavirus in the area, the governor has made the decision to close the local schools starting on Tuesday.  And today is a day off for the boys anyway.

The closure, we are told, is going to be a minimum of SIX WEEKS.

At least, I am repeating on mantra, the weather is warmer now so playing outdoors will be a part of each day.

I did get grocery shopping done yesterday (and a thrift store visit as well), and went to the Peninsula Fruit Club.  I really enjoyed that... the members in attendance seemed like people with my sense of humor.  It skewed about as old as quilt guilds do (I, in my 40s, was in the minority), but the gender ratio was about 50/50.  I did, however, very deliberately not accept any of the fig or persimmon scions that were brought in and offered around.  I would LOVE a persimmon tree, but I'm having to very carefully curate what fruit trees I add to the property, mostly on the qualification of size.

And, to amuse, I finally got a couple more pieces of art hung up:


The Toothless cross-stitch was made by my very talented sister-in-law, and when my sister gave the sign to Wonderful Husband for his birthday, we knew the two pieces had to go together.  They are now hung at the bottom of our staircase, where they can't be missed. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment