Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Chains, Thorns, and Sea Glass

Whee!  Quilt guild tonight!  Also, theoretically, the three fruit trees I ordered arriving today, so I'm off to Home Depot in a bit to get a spade.  Meantime, here's the finished Double Irish Chain quilt laying atop the guest bed:


It is actually on top of my bright tumblers quilt as well.  Because one can never have too many quilts, or something.  (Squiddle currently sleeps under three.  And sometimes his blanket on top as well.  You'd think we don't have central heating.)


Last night I stitched up another half-dozen Thorns blocks (five of them in pieces in the stacks below).  And while I was cutting for those, I pulled all the scraps from the Blueberry Park collection and cut those into 2.5" half-square triangles as well.


Don't they look a bit like sea glass here?


I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing with them, so for now I'm using them as leader/enders and stitching them into squares....

No comments:

Post a Comment