Sunday, March 15, 2020

Grafting and Pi Day

Yesterday I pruned the apple trees a bit more.  Still not done, though.

AND!  I grafted the pears onto the quince tree!  Two of the scions were long enough to subdivide.  So if they all take (*knocks on wood*), I'll have two Bosc pear branches, one Seckel, and two Butirra Rosata Morettini branches!

I also celebrated Pi Day (3/14).


The top circle is bacon/leek/elephant garlic/mushroom/cheese quiche, and the bottom circle is blackberry pie, made from some of those gallons of blackberries I picked and froze in August.

Today it's supposed to be clear and dry again, so hopefully I'll get around to grafting some of the apple scions, and planting the roses that arrived on Friday.  Plus my parents are arriving to stay with us today, and my dad hasn't seen our house yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment