Friday, March 20, 2020

Another Day in the Yard

I did a bit more gardening yesterday!

The boys and I went out to the back fence and cleared away some of the grass (...and blackberry runners...) and dug a couple more holes, this time for the trellising roses to go over the gate.  There were not nearly as many rocks this time; of course, there were only half as many holes.  And This time I actually remembered to take before and after photos!






The east side of the gate.  This is the Claire Austin white rose.  I need to nail those two bottom rungs back in place!






The west side, with the pink Strawberry Hill rose.  Only the bottom rung needs to be fixed on this side.

I also discovered that under the fence is a line of pavers.  So I need to strim along the fence and probably power-wash them.

I also finished grafting the scions onto the apple trees!  I've been using a couple of cut up yogurt cups to mark each grafted variety:


And I finished just in time, too, since with the nice weather we've been having, the apples are starting to break dormancy!


No comments:

Post a Comment