Monday, March 16, 2020

Sunday to Monday

Well, unfortunately, I found out that all three varieties of pear that I grafted onto the quince tree are unlikely to take.  They don't like quince rootstock, and if I'd known better, I should have also purchased some of the varieties of pear that do like quince, and done an interstem graft, buffering the two from each other.  Ah well.  Live and learn.  Next year, I guess.  But now that I've got some practice under my belt, I need to tackle grafting the apple scions onto the apple trees.

Not much is happening on the sewing front.  I'm slowly stitching up another set of six Crown of Thorn blocks, but sewing happens more slowly when children are at home.  As they will be today!  Because the governor is calling off all gatherings over X size, starting immediately.  We got an emergency automated call about it from the school district last night, at 8:30pm or so.

However, I did finally manage to write the next chapter of one of my (many) fanfiction works-in-progress.  I need to get Wonderful Husband to beta it, then I can post chapter fifteen of Scenes From The Life And Death Of Jackson Overland Frost.  It's only been six and a half years since I posted chapter fourteen!

And, finally, my parents are up here visiting and (sorta) house hunting.  For dinner last night I pulled out some minced goat, carrots, and shiitake mushrooms, all from the co-op, and made my mother-in-law's Shepherd's Pie.  It was delish!


No comments:

Post a Comment