Sunday, March 22, 2020

My Soul Is Fed By Needle And Thread

Ugh.  Yesterday was not a good day.  My parents left to go spend a couple more days with my sister and niece before flying back home Wednesday (assuming the airports don't get closed by then).  And I just had no energy or enthusiasm for anything.  We did go for a walk around the block!

In an effort to combat depression, I resorted to making.  Sewing is self-care for me.  I'd seen about the blogosphere that Edyta Sitar is doing a sew-along, and since it was only on day two, I thought I would join it.  Of course, she's doing it from one of her beautiful carefully coordinated fabric bundles, and I'm doing it scrappy, but each to their own.

Twelve blocks done:


And I stitched together the half-square triangles for the next set of six Crown of Thorns blocks.  I've got eighteen finished, and if I decide to make it a queen-sized quilt, I'll need forty-one....

The sewing does seem to have helped.  I don't feel as bad today as I did yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment