Wednesday, March 18, 2020

St. Patty's Day

Ugh.  Creative progress stalled.  Haven't even pressed any pieces.

I did get some running around done yesterday, though.  I went to Wilco for their sale day and purchased blueberry plants to go along the back fence.  I forgot, however, to pick up some soil acidifier, and by the time I walked back in from the parking lot, the line was to the back of the store.  So I turned around and will go to Home Depot today or tomorrow instead.

I also went to the grocery store.  The only thing on my list that was completely gone was eggs.

For St. Patrick's Day, I made corned beef and cabbage, with Irish soda bread and green jello for the little ones.  For the adults, I made a pumpkin pie from the co-op pumpkins I've been roasting and puree'ing before they went to mush.  I need to find my potato ricer or buy a mill for a smoother texture, and the pie could have stood another ten minutes in the over, but overall, not a bad experiment.  My sister and niece joined us, for a full table of eight.  And my sister managed to find a five-dozen of eggs at the store, which we split.  Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment