Monday, March 23, 2020

Surprise Blocks

Not much got done yesterday.  I did sew the ninety-six half-square triangle blocks into twosies, but that's about it.  A good deal of time was lost rummaging through my sewing area trying to figure out where the jiggins I had left my bottle of sewing machine oil.  Eventually I found it (on the windowsill, hidden behind something else) and gave my machine a good cleaning and oiling.  It's hence running a touch quieter.

Amid all the rummaging, I turned up a bag with six blocks and a bunch of pieces:


With my stack of Crown of Thorn blocks for comparison!  Not quite the same pattern, but close.  I'm contemplating if I can turn these into a baby quilt for my cousin's daughter.  Maybe I'll take the extra triangles and make pinwheels to go at the corners of the blocks?

No comments:

Post a Comment