Thursday, December 27, 2018

Boxing Day Score!

Savers, the best of the local thrift stores, has a discount of 30% for seniors on Tuesdays.  So I usually take the boys down to my parents' place and pick up Mom and we all go shopping.  Well, this week Christmas was on a Tuesday so Savers nicely shifted senior day to Wednesday.  Squiddle wanted to stay with Gampa and play with the new Duplo blocks he and Jazzy got for Christmas.  Jazzy was asleep in the car, so he and Mom and I went to the thrift store.

Mom's big score was $.50 for a Scandinavian Christmas candelabra.  (She apparently now has FOUR.  I have one.)  Me?  Well, my biggest score was this:


On the left, seven and a quarter yards for $5 (minus 30%); on the right, a four and a quarter yard piece and a seven yard piece for $8 (minus 30%)!

That'll make up a couple of nice quilt backings.  (And here I thought the "twelve yards of backing" on the card my sister-in-law made for me was, ahem, wishful thinking....)

No comments:

Post a Comment