Thursday, December 6, 2018

Stars, and Stars of the Stage

Sorry, no post yesterday due to late night (OCQG evening board meeting) followed by an early morning (OGQG meeting).  But, with Wonderful Husband's aid, I did manage to get myself and the little boys up, dressed, and out the door to my parents on time, so I was able to get to the meeting on time, and sign up for the April workshop with Edyta Sitar.  Which hopefully I will not actually be here for!  But I'd rather be signed up and miss it than not be signed up and miss it, if that makes sense.

There was no speaker at the Orange Grove guild this month.  Instead, we were treated to a mini stage musical by The Pennyroyal Players. "Piecin' It Together" was hilarious, heartbreaking, and highly enjoyable.  If you ever have a chance to see it, I highly recommend it!

I have three things due at guild next week: Block of the Month, with all that entails, my part on the Round Robin challenge, and something for the ornament exchange.  That last one, at least, is now done:


It's a 3" block (each square and half-triangle is 3/4") that I got from issue 32 of Miniature Quilts.  Which was published in 1997.  Wow, the magazine is old enough to drink!  The block is definitely not perfect, and my hand-quilting is lamentable, but I put effort into it, stretched my skillset some, and it's done.

Two more guild things, and two more Christmas quilts, to go.  Jazzy's is under the needle being quilted right now, and Squiddle's... is still in the planning stages.

(I was going to do one for Wonderful Husband as well, but I'm taking mercy on my sanity and punting that deadline either to our anniversary or Valentine's Day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment