Monday, December 10, 2018

Red Stars At Morning

I finished the Round Robin! And I really, really like it, to the point of wishing I could keep it for myself!  I think I need to make another at some point (and maybe one for my mother as well, it's definitely got a Scandinavian feel to it)....


Betsy did the center star, which measures 12" square.  I added the corner stars, at 6" square each, and the sashing in between them (1" red/4" white/1" red so I remember later).  The colors in this photo are pretty spot-on, though the stripey red is actually a true red with thin white stripes, not a pink with red stripes.

I also got the first of the Block of the Month samples sewn up, using up a scrap of Dr. Who fabric I picked up at Costume College at some point.  I... don't like the block as well as I thought I would.  Wonderful Husband pointed out that might be due to the busy-ness of the fabric.  I'm going to sew up two more sample blocks in different colorways, so I'll see if he's right.  Regardless, I need to take a couple step-by-step photos for the handout.  I've got the text for that done, but I need to finalize the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment