Sunday, December 9, 2018

Red Stars At Night...

Well, Jazzy seems to be on the mend.  There was a third round of vomiting all over his bedsheets on Friday night after I wrote Saturday's post, but Saturday he actually ate food (some popcorn in the afternoon, and French fries at dinner) and it stayed down.  And the rash is healing up, even if the diarrhea isn't yet gone.

But!  Other than those charming health details on my youngest (which I provide here to record them, and because I know his grandmother reads this blog [hi, Mary!]), yesterday was spent working on the Round Robin project that's due at guild Tuesday night.  The center is a 12" Lemoyne Star, two reds on a white background.  So I'm making four 6" Lemoyne Stars to go in the corners, and some sort of sashing to go in between them.


Somehow the colors on this picture turned out very orange. Ignore that.  Both fabrics are actually a very pure red.

Fortunately, one of the quilting books that isn't packed away had the pattern I needed for this.  Less fortunately, it was the classic variation with set-in squares for the corners and set-in triangles for the sides.  Y-seams are more finicky than I want to deal with right now, so I'm happy that I know my triangle tool well enough that I could figure out how to split those squares and triangles and make the piecing easy on myself.

(I'm also happy that Betsy's block was also constructed that way, so I'm not taking the half-assed way out.  I'm matching her technique.)

No comments:

Post a Comment