Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Final Christmas Quilt, Go!

Squiddle has at various points asked for a Tinkerbell quilt, a pink quilt, and a quilt that is blue in the middle and pink on the outsides.  He does not want to help me design the quilt, he wants it to be a surprise.  And when it's done I should give it to Santa to give it to him.  So, with that in mind, here's my rough layout:

It will radiate out in concentric rings, starting from the left.  The Tinkerbell panel will be the center, with a narrow border of dark blue to bring it to the size I want.  The blue might be too dark - thoughts?  But that's followed by a border of 4" pink squares.  Scrappy, because I don't have enough of any single pink to make it work.  Then a narrow border of the purple fabric (which has coffee beans on it... ^_^;;), 4" of the coordinating Tinkerbell print, another narrow border of the purple, and a final border of scrappy 4" pink squares.  And I plan to bind it in green the color of Tinkerbell's dress.

If my math is right and the creek don't rise, it should finish out at 64x72"....

No comments:

Post a Comment