Friday, December 14, 2018

Tink!

Yesterday, as events allowed, I chugged away on Squiddle's Christmas quilt.  I made things more difficult on myself, of course, by adding two more borders to the scheme.  Which, to make the math work, adds another 4" to both length and width from my initial design.  But it just wasn't going to look right if the dark blue framing the center panel was only used in that one spot!  So here's the quilt as it stands right now:


The top and bottom dark blue strips got pinned on, but I decided a relatively early bedtime would do me good.  I'm actually quite pleased by how it's turning out - if I didn't know the first dark blue border was pieced, I would think it was part of the panel.

(And Wonderful Husband said that if he didn't know better, he'd think the whole thing was a panel!  Which I suppose means that my workmanship and color choices are good on this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment