Thursday, December 13, 2018

Ornaments!

A semi-important anniversary: as of yesterday, Wonderful Husband and I have owned our home for ten years! *happy dance*  I love doubled-digit anniversaries (of which we have four) because they're nice and easy to remember.

This has been a week of ornaments!  So about a week ago I blogged about the Christmas ornament I made for my guild's exchange.

Then a couple days ago we got a box of Christmas presents from my talented sister-in-law (hi, Kate!) and in it was this:


It's all folded fabric.  Squares?  And the only fastenings I can see are some pins just at the top.  When I am slightly less stressed, I must find out how she made it, because it's fascinating and wonderful and I love it!

Then Tuesday night at guild, my friend Vicky gave me this:


Isn't it pretty?   I love how folding the double-sided circle of fabric just right gives the impression of a cape and collar.  And the wings are so soft!

And then, of course, there was the actual guild ornament exchange, in which twenty-one of us participated this year.  And I got this lovely folded-fabric hexagon/star:


Again, I want to study this and figure out how it was done!

In comparison to all of these, I feel like my miniature quilt block was, well, second-rate.  I just hope that whoever got it liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment