Friday, December 7, 2018

You Win Some, You Lose Some

Jazzy's quilt is about done - five more minutes of quilting should finish it, and then binding, the label, and a wash.  Yay!

And Squiddle and I made some sugar cookies this afternoon during Jazzy's nap!


Also, remember that probably 1950s quilt top I got for free at the Orange Grove Quilt Guild meeting last month?  I finished its soak in Oxyclean, rinsed it several times, and hung it to dry in the shower while the rain poured outside:


The Oxyclean did what I hoped it would.  The age stains disappeared, and the more egregious marks also for the most part vanished.  For example, this stain:


Was reduced to this:


Miraculous, no?  However, there was one loss.  This block:


Well, all the color vanished from the fabric, and all that's left is this:


I'm trying to tell myself that it would have happened during washing of the finished quilt anyway.  No other blocks were affected.  This was a free quilt top.  It's not museum quality by any means.

But I need to decide is I'm going to leave it as is now, or find a suitable fabric and replace the block.  Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment