Monday, December 17, 2018

A Galactic Finish

I finally got some pictures taken of Jazzy's Christmas quilt!  But, alas, I've hit a snag on Squiddle's - I'm one 2" width-of-fabric strip short of the purple fabric!  So I need to see what I can get that will be a match.  It was a remnant when I bought it, so I'm not holding out much hope of finding the actual fabric.

But, in the meantime, here are the beauty shots!


The sunlight shot, to show off the colors to their truest.  It's a simple design, but I like it.



I kept the quilting very simple.  Diagonal lines making an X across each block, and vertical and horizontal lines in the sashing.  Combined, they make a star in the stars. For simple quilts like this, this is my favorite easy quilting pattern.


And my silly little detail that makes me feel clever.  I did three lines of straight-line quilting in the border.  Then I stitched the black binding to the back, flipped it over to the front, and top-stitched it down with the same thread, so it looks like another line of quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment