Sunday, December 30, 2018

Wheels and Spirals

I'm currently working on two projects, using them as "leaders and enders," as Bonnie Hunter would put it, for one another.  The first is sewing the giant geese together into rows for the spiral quilt.  Here's a teaser picture of the layout, with the fabric I purchased to be the alternate row in the spiral:


I'm amused by the alternate row fabric.  According to the selvedge, it's called "Branching Out."  Which is the title of my guild's quilt show this year! :)  For this project, I'm on the second-to-last row of the spiral, and then I get to start cutting the alternate row fabric into strips and piecing the whole top together.

And while I've been working on that, I've also been working on these Wheel of Fortune blocks:


Can you tell that the blue one has two different blue fabrics in it?  I ran out of one, and this is very much a using-up-the-last-scraps project, judging by how many of the centers I've had to piece thus far.  I cut the light pieces out for the next block, and all that was left over was a 1.5" square for that project bag.  Gotta use it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment