Wednesday, December 19, 2018

A Finished Flimsy

Sorry for there being no post yesterday.  I had worn myself to a cross-eyed frazzle, and after pinning yet another border in backwards, I threw in the towel and went to bed.

But!  Yesterday morning I pinned the last border on the Tinkerbell quilt the right way, and got it sewn, so it's now a finished top!


You can see in the lower right purple strip where the brown spots stop... that's my substitute strip after I ran out.  I can say it proves it's handmade! :)  The quilt turned out a little larger than I'd planned, finishing at 76"x68".  Well, it's not like Squiddle's going to be getting any smaller....

And I thought, why not post a picture of my original sketch, for the record.  This is my "back of the envelope" (literally) planning!  It's almost all in here, except for the two thin dark blue lines that led to me widening the purple strips, to make up the numbers:


And this afternoon we stopped by M&L Fabrics so I could get some flannel for the backing.  Since the quilt is for Squiddle, I let him choose.  Initially he chose a baby-print pink, but I offered this one as an alternative and he liked it as well:


Someday, when he's a teenager, this quilt, predicated on his loves of Tink and pink, may embarrass Squiddle.  But I kind of hope not.

Also today, I found these books at the thrift store!  For three dollars each.  Score! *happy dance*




No comments:

Post a Comment