Saturday, December 22, 2018

Finally!

I got the Tinkerbell quilt basted yesterday~!  And Wonderful Husband distracted Squiddle by playing Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild while I did so, so despite my basting area being the living room floor right next to the sofa where this video gaming was happening, it's entirely possible Squiddle still hasn't seen the quilt. 


I then dragged the 15 over to the big sewing desk, getting my quilting setup ready... and we decamped to get more work done to my car (worn rotors) and to go to Boomers, a mini-golf/arcade/rides place near my parents.  We drive past it almost every time we go to my parents' home, and Squiddle has been asking to go there for months.  So we finally did!  My mother joined us there and we went on a couple rides (Wonderful Husband and Squiddle on the bumper boats, and myself with both boys on the little train, since we did not trust Jazzy to ride it without an adult).  And then we mini-golfed.  I'd forgotten how much fun mini-golf is!  Squiddle kind of got it (he did best when an adult showed him how to hold the club and helped him, though he was fuzzy on the "don't pick up the ball until you've got it in the hole" bit.  Jazzy, being two, didn't get it at all, but he didn't mind, either, until it was time to leave.  Which is why I carry around packets of fruit gummies in my bag....

After picking up my car, and getting home, and dining, though, I finally set to quilting!  I'm doing free-motion quilting in the center panel, in the pink squares, and I think in the turquoise cameo border as well.  I got most of the center panel done - I just need to do the flowers on the bottom right, then I can move on....

No comments:

Post a Comment