Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Books and Blocks and Bird Eggs

Finally, a post with some pictures!

My doldrums seem to be fading.  *knocks on wood*  Maybe because I'm at the tail end of that time of month, maybe because I've let myself recharge, who knows.

I've reread a couple books lately.  One was Good Omens, by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.  The other was The Ordinary Princess by M.M.Kaye.  Very different stories and tones, but both old favorites I was delighted to reconnect with.

I also just yesterday got Check, Please!: Sticks and Scones in the mail.  I treated myself by reading the Kent story that had been kept back from the webcomic, but I held back on finishing the story.  The author is posting the last several chapters now, one a day, so I'm going to draw it out because when it's done, there'll be no more.  If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it!  (As to the Kent comic, all I can say is a. someone has clearly been to a therapist since his last appearance and it shows, and b. Kent's reaction to finally trying Bitty's pie for the first time is both appropriate and gratifying.)

This week the co-op had turkey eggs on offer, so for novelty's sake I got a dozen for me and a dozen for my sister.  Top to bottom, these are a turkey egg, a duck egg, and a chicken egg.  I love the speckles!


I also managed to fit in a bit more sewing on Edyta Sitar's mystery quilt.  I came to remember my dislike of sliver trimming, but now they're done.  Here are blocks eleven and fourteen:


Only three more sets to go, and then I can lay them out and assemble the quilt top!

No comments:

Post a Comment