Saturday, April 25, 2020

Friday/Saturday

Friday I cleaned a bit, and watched through Bonnie Hunter's mask-making tutorial.  I have the knowledge, the materials, the tools... all that I lack is the will. :/

Today I didn't get much done aside from running some errands (curbside pickup at Home Depot, putting petrol in the car, doing a drive-through pickup to get a prescription refill) and playing Pokemon Go for the first coronavirus-era Community Day.  Which went not too badly; I got a full set of shiny Abras, and a set of shinies is basically my goal for any Community Day.

This morning was lovely and rainy, and this afternoon cleared up to wonderful mild sun, so after getting back from errands, I spent some time in the backyard.  The apple tree farther from the house is starting to bloom:


Though sadly it looks like only ONE of all the grafts I made took.  Alas.  And here's the pear blossoms on the pear/quince tree:


I also staked out where I want to put in some beds for a vegetable garden, and Wonderful Husband dug up the first 4'x8' bed for me before it was time to put dinner together:


Tomorrow morning I'll pick up some lumber and screws from Home Depot and we'll see about making a bit of a raised bed there, and then I'll shake all that dirt off those grass clumps back into the bed and toss the grass and dandelions into the yard waste bin.

And at some point I need to dab white stars onto that planet watercolor and call it finished....

No comments:

Post a Comment