Sunday, April 12, 2020

Eggs and Shuttlecocks

The egg hunt this morning in the backyard necessitated my getting up at half past six (given that Jazzy has twice this last week gotten me up at or before seven because he and his bedsheets were damp, le sigh) to conceal chocolate-containing eggs.  Once again, I was very grateful that I guessed a couple months back that there was going to be no city egg hunt this year, and purchased what I needed well ahead of time.

In the afternoon, Wonderful Husband pulled out the badminton set we had bought at Costco a bit ago and set it up in the backyard.  Jazzy was mostly interested in trying to hit rocks (or his brother) with the racket, while Squiddle easily gets frustrated by his lack of skill, and quit after breaking down crying about it.  Wonderful Husband and I persisted for a while, until we managed a volley of 10+ shots.  It's been a long time since I played badminton (rules? what rules?) but I remember it being my favorite sport in high school.  (The lack of hard balls coming painfully fast at my body may have something to with it.)  I had a really good time, got in a bit of cardio, and hope Wonderful Husband will agree to more badminton tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment