Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Beach and Planets

Today the boys and I went to Purdy Beach again and did a nice long (for them) nature walk.  We found sand dollars and watched some buried clams spit at us (clamming season is cancelled in Washington this year; maybe next year we'll dig...).  One actually jetted water up the back of my trouser leg, eek!  There was kerplunking of rocks into the water, digging in the san, and some beachcombing.  Only one other family on the beach.  Afterward, I did McDonald's drive-through as a treat for the boys then we came home.

I worked a bit more on my planets watercolor and got them all finished, only to discover when I removed the painter's tape that watercolor had snuck under the tape!  So I spent some time fixing it as best I could.


I think I'm fairly pleased with it.  I then turned my attention to the background.


I'm hoping that adding another layer or two of black tomorrow will make it look better.  Because I still need to decide on rings and potentially stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment