Wednesday, April 29, 2020

One Bed!

Woohoo!  I have one operational garden bed!  Today was dedicated to it.  I hauled the eleven bags (heavy!) of garden soil out of Wonderful Husband's car and to the back yard.  I cut them open one by one and poured them into the bed, crumbling the chunks to make them friable.  It ended up only taking seven and a half bags, so I have three and a half left over!  After the garden bed was full, I watered it a couple times, let that soak in, then started planting my starts.  Six tomato plants, twelve jalepeno plants, two 8' rows of carrots and radishes, and a few nasturtium seeds tucked in at the ends.

(I don't have any pictures today because I forgot.  Tomorrow!)

And after Wonderful Husband finished work, he and I hammered 4' stakes into the ground outside the corners of the bed and hooked rabbit fencing into it.  So theoretically the local wildlife won't be able to nibble up my work.

(This day was punctuated by Jazzy stripping off his clothes twice.  The first time included his diaper and a defecation on the lawn while I was inside checking what Squiddle wanted for lunch.  I came back outside to find him holding his excrement in his hand.  Sigh.  He's three....)

No comments:

Post a Comment