Saturday, April 11, 2020

Check, Please! and Fanfiction Writing

Another day of Not Much Happening (ah, the monotony of quarantine; may it remain unbroken).  About the only excitement was Check, Please! finally ending.

I reread volume two of Check, Please! and have gotten the werewolf AU fanfic I'm working on through Year Three of the comic, so I'm now a quarter way from the end of this story, and roughly at 4,300 words.  (I have, over the last several months of addiction to this webcomic, gone through rather a lot of the 9800+ fanfics of it on AO3 and read those that fit the pairings and/or genres I'm interested in.  And I noticed that in the supernatural ones, it's never Bitty who's a werewolf.  So I started poking at the idea, wanting to flip a trope.  Of course, since then someone else has posted a Bitty-as-werewolf fanfic, but there's just that one and it's not what I wanted to do with the concept, so we'll see.)

No comments:

Post a Comment