Saturday, April 18, 2020

Slow Saturday

Drizzly all day today!  Which is good timing on one hand, as Wonderful Husband finished all the mowing yesterday.  But less good in that I was giving the cut grass a day more to dry out before dumping it in the compost tumbler to sort out the lack-of-carbon balance in there, and now the grass clippings are all wet, ugh.  Ah well, they're not going anywhere.

After trying to sort out all the wood and plywood scraps in the barn, I've accepted that Wonderful Husband is right and it'll just be easier to buy new to build the raised beds I want.  Going by Home Depot's site, they'll cost about $45 each, not counting soil, rabbit proofing, or possible hoop house/greenhouse coverings for winter.  So I've sketched out a layout of what I want to do over the next three years, and we'll see what he thinks when he wakes up from his nap.

I've also started in on watercoloring that planets collage!  My version, so far (Venus, Mars, Saturn, Neptune):


And the original:

No comments:

Post a Comment