Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Day By Day

Ugh, I missed posting yesterday.  Sorry!

There's really not much going on at the moment, save for a grocery run yesterday, where the queue just to get inside Costco stretched to the back of the building.  After I got home, I did a bit of cooking: a dozen banana muffins, another fourteen steamed eggs, bacon/leek/mushroom/cheese quiche for dinner (made with the last three duck eggs), and a lemon buttermilk pie for dessert.  Hooray for feeling like cooking again!  Today was a bit simpler of a meal, but one the boys liked better: hot dogs, mac'n'cheese for them and rice-a-roni for the adults, with some pickled garlic on the side (and a bit of kimchi for me), and more pie or strawberries, either with or without cream, for dessert.

Wonderful Husband gave the boys haircuts with his clippers, or at least attempted to, in Jazzy's case.  His hair is mostly shorter, but could definitely do with trimming up in a few places.  Alas, the patience of a three-year-old is finite.

Our electric riding lawnmower did arrive today, and Wonderful Husband got it assembled and drove it out to the barn to fully charge overnight.  Tomorrow we'll see how well it works.  We got in some more badminton both yesterday and today, as well as a walk around the block, and I staked out where I would like a vegetable garden to go.  I need to to measure it out, adjust, and draw out a layout diagram.

And I may have written about four hundred words on another Check, Please! fanfic....

No comments:

Post a Comment