Friday, April 3, 2020

Thursday's Things

Yesterday I (sorta) got back into the zoom of things.  I pulled three pots out of the garage and mixed up potting soil, compost, and worm castings to make enough soil to fill the pots and get ten of the (second) set of bare-root strawberries planted.  I still have like four more plants in the bundle, but for now they're in another soak cycle in their cup on the kitchen counter.  I also reassembled the fire pit (which someone, probably Jazzy, has been knocking blocks down from) and pulled cardboard out of The Barn and finished laying it down on that garden bed.  Hopefully today I'll have the spoons to finish mulching it, and water.

I also laid out the twenty-four Thorns blocks just to see how much ground they covered:


They look kind of neat like that, like raindrop ripples on water, but giving them sashing would make my life so much easier.

I also laid out the yellow Thorns blocks for my cousin's baby's quilt:


I think I want to make another six more, do a narrow sashing, and a narrow border.  Forty-two by fifty-five sounds like a good size that will grow with baby K. for a few years.

And after Jazzy went down for his nap, I persuaded Squiddle to try watercoloring with me.  We watched a youtube tutorial on the TV and experimented.

He wanted to make a robot:


Where I was more interested in making a colorwash or two:


No comments:

Post a Comment