Saturday, February 15, 2020

Cloverleaf Quilt, Backing and Binding

I don't make them often, so I always forget one of the glorious parts of baby quilts is not having to piece the backing!  I hauled in my newly rediscovered green fabrics, and asked Wonderful Husband's help in picking out a backing and binding.  After pressing, here are the results!

The quilt is laid out on the backing here to make sure it fits.  Though it would make a good second border if I wanted to make it bigger!  (Which I don't.)


I have a little over three yards of this Cranston Fabrics print, which must be about twenty years old at this point!  I remember I bought it to go with a bunch of green block-of-the-month kits from Joanns, which got given away at some point along the line.


And Wonderful Husband disregarded my theory that bindings should be as dark as the darkest color in the quilt, and picked this, which brings out some of the lighter greens in the blocks and the flange:


I didn't actually get to cut anything yesterday, due to gallivanting with my sister, and I can't write out the label until Wonderful Husband wakes up, as the name of the little girl this is for is in his e-mail somewhere.  So, quiet holding pattern this morning.  I shall drink tea and catch up on the Internet until other people rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment