Monday, February 17, 2020

Cloverleaf Quilting

Another advantage of a baby or toddler quilt, beyond the "do not need to piece a backing" advantage, is how quickly they quilt up!

When I made up the label on Saturday, I decided to date it to Sunday, thinking that even with a birthday party to attend during the day, I could get the Cloverleaf quilt done.  And I did!

My Sunday:


I used a very pale green thread, which completely disappears in the setting squares, so it was really no good trying to photograph the swags I quilted onto each side of each square.  But the leaf-and-heart motif I came up with for the Disappearing Four-Patch squares turned out rather nicely, I thought:


The border just got a hills and valleys wave, with four more little hearts in the corners.  No pictures of that or the binding, I'm afraid, as it was night by the time I finished, and as soon as I did finish it, it was teeth-brushing and storytime, and then bed for two little people.

Still, a quilt done in a day!

Now I just need to decide what the next project is.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is! It really turned out well for something made from a bunch of orphaned blocks.

      Delete