Monday, February 3, 2020

Some Honey, and Plenty of Money, Wrapped Up in a Five-Pound Note

Sixteen years ago yesterday, Wonderful Husband and I promised "to grow old together, but never grow up."  And I'm still as much in love with him as I was on that day.

This year, having no nearby parents to mind the boys while we went out for a nice dinner, we opted to just go to Blazing Onion, though we did get desserts (to go).  Apparently people in Gig Harbor are much more likely to go to Superbowl parties than sports bars?  When Wonderful Husband asked our waiter, he said that he knew of four separate hundred-people-plus parties.  Duly noted for next year.

I didn't get much done.  Hung a mirror in our closet.  Pulled out my jewelry fixings and reattached the chain to a tea ball.  Went through the couple boxes in Harry's Room (the room under the stairs) and separated out the frames and prints and diplomas to be hung on walls from the baby quilts that padded them during the move.  I ran out of steam before I could actually attach anything to the walls, though.

But I did find this:


My mother-in-law made it for Squiddle a couple of years ago, and it came with the accompanying book: the Owl and the Pussycat went to sea in a pea-green boat, etc.  I asked Squiddle if he would like it hanging on the wall of his bedroom, and he enthusiastically agreed, so I whipped up a couple hanging sleeves, and am in the process of attaching them.

I also got the binding for the Disney Star quilt cut, sewn together, and pressed ready to attach, so hopefully that'll also get sewn on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment